Thursday, August 16, 2007

Oh dear.

I’m very sad. The doctor has told me that for the next three to six months, I have to very careful with my voice. I've spent the last week in total silence, visited the doc again today, and now for the next fortnight have permission to speak a few words at a time, "only when absolutely necessary", along with various other instructions, medicines and even a series of calcium injections that my bum will play host to. Ouch. (Those of you who are wondering, no, calcium supplements won't do. I already asked.)

No singing, no wind instruments, no lovely noisy clowning. At least for the next few months. I would really miss singing my favourite Christmas carols. And I'm already missing my flute. Most of all I miss my voice.

Off I go to think more sad thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment