Thursday, April 9, 2009

An incubation of clowns.

In today's workshop session, we focused on finding and developing clown characters. A lot of people think that being a clown is just putting on a red nose and doing funny things. That's not it at all. You don't "DO" clown. You BE it. And being a clown is all about being a clown in your heart. It's being a clown on the inside, not just on the outside. Anyone can dress up and go hoo-hah! but that's not a clown. I've seen some scary people standing outside Kids Kemp who look like clowns, but I'm pretty sure they're not.

So today, I explained this to the trainees, and helped them work on ways to find their clowns. Given them some homework too. Now they've gone home to incubate, and any day now, they will start hatching into little fledgling clowns. I can't wait to meet them! The trainees are all very nice people, and so I'm sure their clowns will be really nice too. I've got to wait, though, cos the next workshop session will only be around the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. First: I like the way you write! I dont have sufficient grasp of English to describe it better.
    Second: From the day I watched some lovely movie (which title I have forgotten) with some lovely actor (whose name I have forgotten) who makes a difference to children's lives as a 'doctor with a difference', I have been dreaming of trying the same at hospitals. But like most of my dreams they remain that.
    Third: I would like to attend your next workshop. May I have information about dates, time and costing?
    Fourth (I am always confused whether it is 'forth' or 'fourth'): You could reply to bopanna.pp@gmail.com
    Fifth (I have no problems with fifth): I am 35. Slim. Agile. And ready to hatch into a bald clown (no wigs please).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know which movie you're talking about! It's Patch Adams! Starring Robin Williams as Patch .. who is a real person by the way and I am reading his book right now. Well not right now while I'm typing but this morning on the potty I was.

    I will get in touch with you by email so you can join the clowns!

    ReplyDelete