Sunday, May 17, 2009

Back from the circus!

Yes! Hot and sweaty and belching samosas. It was a lovely day. I got to meet three clowns: their names are Khayoom, Suraj and Nissar. Khayoon is Suraj's Daddy and guess what, Suraj gets to give his daddy a great fat slap on the face during their act. But Khayoom gets to spank him a lot too, so I guess it's even.

It was really hot in the circus and all the snacks were priced DOUBLE! Gosh. But I had to eat them, so I had to buy them anyway. I went with a little pixie friend of mine and the Mirinda turned our teeth orange for a while. That was interesting. If I had my wig on, my teeth would have matched it!

There were lots of interesting acts. A lot of them were similar to the Jumbo Circus that I saw last year. I think some things are standard in all the circuses - like the men going around in circles on motorbikes inside a dome, and elephants doing puja, and even Russian ladies with nice bums. Yes. These things are all a must at a circus, I believe.

There was a Russian juggler there, he was nice and he had a lovely jester's hat I'm so jealous. He also did some horrible things with fire and eating a lightbulb and lying on glass. I didn't like that so much, I don't like the dangerous things at circuses, I get scared. I like the things that make me laugh or go Ooh!

Ooh! There was a group of big strapping Kenyan gentlemen with wonderful muscles and six-packs. They did all sorts of tumbling and balancing and climbing thingies. They were good too.

I didn't like seeing the animals much though. They weren't ill-treated or anything like that, they all looked fine and healthy, but they just didn't seem to be having much fun and when I looked into the elephants' and horse's eyes, they looked back and I felt sad.

Anyway guess what? I am going back to the circus soon! I am going to hold a small workshop for the clowns! I'm so excited so so excited. I may not get to perform in the ring (ooh I wish they would let me!) but maybe I can have my workshop in the ring. But they said I must come at 8 o'clock in the morning, oh dear, I'll have to sacrifice my cutie sleep.

Okay, so now I'm off to think of lovely ideas for my workshop and best of all, I now have an excuse to go back for more shopping at Chikpet so that I can buy the clowns some nice presents! It's going to be so much FUN!!!!! I can't wait.

P.S. Sorry I don't have any pictures cos you can't take pictures during the circus. I wish I could, cos they would have been such LOVELY pictures. Oh well. Maybe I'll draw something for you instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment